HOW provides direct services to women diagnosed with chronic, life threatening, or disabling conditions living in the towns of Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown.
All of HOW services are free and confidential and HOW’s office at 34 Conwell St. in Provincetown is handicapped accessible with parking.
- Financial Assistance Program
- Transportation Program
- COMPASS Companionship Program
- Support groups and special programs
- Food pantry
- Information and advocacy
- Private office space
For more information, please see the descriptions below.
Financial Assistance Program provides monthly payments for low-income clients to cover costs of:
- Medical, mental health, or dental expenses
- Prescriptions or prescription co-pays
- Complementary therapies such as acupuncture, vitamins and nutritional supplements and
The Transportation Program provides rides to medical appointments whether on the Cape or in Boston and for other health related needs.
- Volunteers take our clients to Cape appointments
- The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA) vans take our clients Monday through Friday to Boston medical facilities
- Cape Air generously provides tickets so that we can assist those clients for whom ground transportation is not viable
- All of this is at no costs to our clients
The COMPASS Companionship Program is designed to promote client wellness through social interaction. This includes any of the following:
- One-on-One Companion matches
- Special Programs such as a meditative drawing class and self help workshops
- Support Groups are offered for clients and all community members
- Personal consultations with HOW staff
Support groups and special programs are offered for clients and all community members.
Food pantry with dry goods and a refrigerator and freezer for fresh or frozen produce and personal care products.
Information and advocacy for benefits such as SNAP (formerly Food Stamps), Social Security, fuel assistance and for housing programs.
Private office space with computer and telephone for client use.
HOW extends our mission to provide advocacy, resources and referrals to members of the community at-large.
For information about any of these services, please call 508-487-4357 or email email@example.com.Resource Links